I. PROCEDURE FOR FILING AND PROCESSING CFE APPLICATIONS FOR INDUSTRIAL PROJECTS:
1) The APPCB has formulated guidelines i.e., siting criteria for establishment of certain category of industries and distance to be maintained from the National Highway, State Highway, village roads and human habitation so as to minimize the adverse impacts of the project on the surrounding environment. They are displayed in the website of APPCB under the tab consent management. The proponent is requested to select the site for the proposed project considering the above guidelines.
2) The proponent is requested to fill the application completely. If the space provided in the application is not adequate, data can be annexed in separate sheets. If any item is not related to the industry, it shall be filled as not applicable (NA).
3) The filled in application shall be uploaded on line in the A.P. Single Desk Portal
www.apindustries.gov.in The proponent is requested to furnish the name of his/her representative, cell phone number, mail ID in the application clearly.
4) On receipt of the application, the system will automatically forward it to the concerned Regional Officer (RO) of APPCB.
5) The ROs of APPCB are provided online access to the Single Desk Portal through a secured user ID and password, to process the applications forwarded to them.
6) The list of the documents to be enclosed with CFE application is as following:
i Map indicating the site location with approach road including adjacent areas on all four sides duly marking nearby Villages, Water Tanks (Cheruvus / Kuntas), Forests, Other sensitive areas like Hospitals, Schools, Temples etc. - 3 copies.
ii Site layout plan to the scale clearly showing the greenbelt provision. - 3 copies.
iii Topo plan or Google map duly marking the location of the industry. - 3 copies.
iv Detailed process description along with a Flow Chart indicating sources of waste water generation, air emissions, hazardous waste generation. - 3 copies.
v Environmental Management Plan (EMP) for Industries / Activities other than listed in EIA Notification, 2006. - 3 copies.
vi For the Industries / Projects listed in EIA Notification, 2006: Final Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) & Environmental Management Plant (EMP) report. A copy of Environmental Clearance (EC) obtained from MoEF & CC, GoI / SEIAA, A.P., Hyderabad.
- 3 copies.
vii In case of expansion: Condition-wise compliance status on conditions stipulated in CFE / CFO & HWA order and Task Force directions for the existing unit along with supportive documents. - 3 copies.
viii In case of expansion: Latest Analysis reports of Stack, AAQ, inlet & outlet of ETP and Hazardous waste. - 3 copies.
7) The above attachments/enclosures are to be dispatched by courier to respective RO of APPCB. The concerned RO enters the date of receipt in the system which will be the reference date specific to clearance/department.
8) The APPCB issues the CFE order for a particular site only i.e. site specific. Hence, the representative has to show the proposed project site, on the ground. The officials of APPCB inspect the site, its surroundings and prepare a report on the proposed project covering various pollution aspects of the project. The inspection report will be forwarded to Zonal Office (ZO) / Head Office (HO) of APPCB as per the delegated powers. An indicative format of inspection report is displayed under the tab circulars.
9) The RO/ZO/HO of APPCB process the CFE application as per delegated powers and communicate the decision (approve/reject) and upload the same in the Single Desk Portal with in the prescribed time limit.
10) The applicant can take a printout of the approval.
11) The proponent is requested to go through the inspection format and ensure that entire data is filled in the application substantiating with necessary/relevant documents, for hassle free processing of the CFE applications.
II. SIMPLIFICATION IN CASE OF NON - POLLUTING SSI CATEGORY INDUSTRIES:
(A) SSI Industries (66 categories of polluting industries):
66 categories of industries in SSI sector are identified having pollution potential. Only these 66 category industries come under the regular consent process of APPCB.
* The proponent uploads the application through the online Single Desk Portal. The hard copies along with enclosures are forwarded to the concerned Regional Office of APPCB by courier.
* On receipt of the application, the system will automatically forward it to the concerned Regional Officer (RO) of APPCB.
* The officials of concerned RO, APPCB inspects the site and process the applications of CFE at RO level OR forward the inspection report to the ZO/HO for processing the application, as per the delegated powers.
* The RO/ZO of APPCB process the CFE application as per delegated powers and communicate the decision (approve/reject) and upload the same in the Single Desk Portal with in the prescribed time limit.
* The applicant can take a printout of the approval.
(B) SSI Industries (other than 66 categories of polluting industries):
* The proponent uploads the application through the online Single Desk Portal. The hard copies along with enclosures are forwarded to the concerned Regional Office of APPCB by post.
* The officials of concerned RO, APPCB forward the application to the concerned General Manager, District Industries Center (GM, DIC).
* The GM, DIC issues the acknowledgment to the proponent across the table without any inspection and uploads the same in the Single Desk Portal. It serves as consent of APPCB. The acknowledgment is issued only once and valid for life period as long as there is no change in the activity and the capacity.
* The applicant can take a printout of the approval.
* These industries are not inspected under regular monitoring by the officials of APPCB, as long as there are no complaints.
III. AUTO RENEWAL OF CFE ORDER ON SELF CERTIFICATION / EXTENSION OF VALIDITY PERIOD OF CFE ORDER:
* Generally, the CFE orders are being issued with a validity period of 5 years to complete the construction of the industry. A few project proponents are approaching APPCB to extend the validity of CFE order, on one plea or other to complete construction of the project.
* In such cases, the project proponent is advised to submit a requisition letter directly to the Authority who has issued the said CFE order i.e. RO/ZO/HO duly mentioning the progress of construction of the project; reasons for extension of validity of CFE order; and further period required to complete the project. They have to enclose a copy of CFE order; photographs of the site indicating the latest status of the project site; longitude and latitude of the site. The RO/ZO/HO issues auto renewal of CFE order, extending the validity of CFE order for a period of another 5 years without inspection.
* There is no need for RO s inspection report. The order is dispatched to the proponent by post.
IV. Acknowledgement to install DG sets for Information
Technology industry/ Information Technology Infrastructure/
1. The APPCB
will issue acknowledgement, which would serve the purpose of consent
and there is no need for the industry to obtain periodical renewal
of consent till such time that a unit modifies/ changes its line of
activity and/ or increases the existing DG set capacity. Application
form available in
G.O.Ms.No.113, dt. 19.12.2002.
V. PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN ENVIRONMENTAL CLEARANCE (EC):
1. As per the provisions laid under EIA-2006 Notification, some of the projects / activities required to obtain Environmental Clearance (EC) from Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, GoI (MoEF & CC, GOI) ) or State Level Environmental Impact Assessment Authority (SEIAA,AP). The procedure involved in obtaining EC is briefed as following:
2. Project Proponent applies to the concerned Regulatory Authority viz., Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, GoI (MoEF & CC, GOI)
www.moef.nic.in or State Level Environmental Impact Assessment Authority (SEIAA,AP)
appcb.ap.nic.in/ec/ with necessary documents as mentioned in EIA Notification-2006 and its amendments thereof. The applications and enclosures are displayed in the respective web sites.
3. The Authority issues Terms of Reference (TORs) to prepare draft EIA as per the rules. The proponent prepares the draft EIA as per TORs.
4. Proponent submits draft EIA along with Form-I at concerned RO with a request to conduct the Public Hearing. The RO submits a note to the Member Secretary, APPCB to fix the venue, date and time for the public hearing through mail after obtaining the concurrence from the Collector and District Magistrate.
5. The Member Secretary fixes the date and time for the Public Hearing and issues the orders through mail. The soft and hard copies of: the Application, draft EIA Report, and Executive summary are to be sent to the Environmental Clearance (EC) section at Head Office, APPCB for display in the web site.
6. The details of the proposed public hearing are published in the news papers as per the procedure laid under EIA-2006 notification.
7. Public Hearing will be conducted and minutes of the Public Hearing are communicated to the Proponent, MoEF & CC, GoI, New Delhi or SEIAA, AP and Head Office, APPCB. The EC section at Head Office, APPCB displays the minutes of the Public Hearing in the web site.
8. The proponent has to prepare the final EIA incorporating all the concerns expressed in the Public Hearing and the response of the proponent.
9. The Regulatory Authority viz., MoEF & CC, GoI, New Delhi /SEIAA, AP examines the minutes of the Public Hearing; the final EIA Report submitted by the Proponent; and takes a decision on issue of Environmental Clearance.
VI. INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS:
* The list of infrastructure projects/ activities is as following:
i. Mining Projects. However, captive mining projects viz., Limestone mines of Cements plants etc, if filed along with Plant, be filed through Single Desk Portal.
ii. Offshore and onshore Oil & Gas Exploration, development production.
iii. River Valley Projects.
iv. Oil & Gas Transportation Pipeline
v. Air Ports
vi. Ship Breaking units.
vii. Common Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage & Disposal Facilities (TSDFs
viii. Ports, Harbours.
Effluent Treatment Plants (CETPs)
Municipal Solid Waste Management Facility (CMSWMF)
xiii) Common Bio-medical waste disposal facility
& Construction projects.
& Area Development Projects.
Change of product mix cases of
existing chemical units.
Any other Non-Industrial projects,
In case of infrastructure projects / activities that attract the EIA-2006 Notification, the proponent shall submit the filled in
(APPCB Application Form for CFE) in triplicate along with fee, final EIA Report and a copy of the EC issued by the MoEF & CC, GoI, New Delhi or SEIAA, AP and enclosures shall be submitted directly at concerned Regional Office of APPCB.
In case of infrastructure projects / activities that do not attract the EIA-2006 Notification, the proponent shall submit the filled in APPCB Application Form for CFE in triplicate along with fee and enclosures shall be submitted directly at concerned Regional Office of APPCB.
The list of documents to be enclosed with CFE application is mentioned above.
The officials of concerned RO, APPCB inspects the site and forward the inspection report to the ZO/HO for processing the application of CFE, as per the delegated powers.
The concerned officer examines the application, RO report and takes a decision on issue of CFE.
The CFE order is communicated to the proponent by post.